Thread: Broken Window
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2023, 06:12 PM   #8
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Shane; I replaced my door window with the bathroom door I bought from Shane. It was easy, I did have to pry it out just a little and made sure I did not puncture/dent the door skin, which is easy if your not paying attention. I used a painters 7 in 1 tool, a rubber mallet and butyl tape from Home Depot. I bought a roll from CW and ended up tossing it, it was just horrible. As I unrolled it, it kept sticking; which isn't bad, but then it just stuck to the wrong side of the paper.
I did have to straighten a couple sections of the inner ring, but it was in very good condition.
Since it was the bathroom window, I did flip it 180 degrees, drilled a couple of drain holes. Applied the butyl from HD, it was a night and day difference in how easy the HD tape went on.
The outside went into the hole with ease, the inner ring took a bit of persuasion. I had to tap one side with a rubber mallet and once popped in, I installed a few screws loosely, then went back and snugged them in a random criss cross pattern. I'll retighten in a few days sitting in the heat to let the butyl set. I've got to scrape some seal that oozed out, but it works great.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote