View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 01:52 PM   #5
isotherm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidkraz View Post
I’m not sure a 2619 sport was ever made.
They made them for just a couple years, I think, around 2005. Instead of the bathroom and wardrobe, they had another convertible dinette (so the floorplan is sort of symmetrical). I saw someone had a post here about adding a bathroom to one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Not meaning to hijack the thread, but "getting rear airbags installed to help with the sag" is really not a good idea. . . .
No problem. This is the sort of input I'm looking for. The Scamp 16' also caused the problem with handling of the front tires, so I definitely want to avoid that again. I planned airbags due to a couple factors: manual recommends against WDH; and I saw several here with minivans say they put in airbags only. But after I read that link and also watched some explanatory videos, it makes sense that it won't help with the front axle lift at all. Thanks to your input, I returned the airbags (not installed yet) and will look at getting the Andersen WDH installed and adjusted near where I pick up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marklee View Post
That being said- the refrigerator is so small as to be almost a waste of space. Have to carry an ice chest as well. There's also very little storage space inside the trailer. There are just 2 of us, so we use the double bed for our clothes and etc. Without that, it might be a pain in the neck.
It is good to hear this input, considering there are 5 of us. I saw some videos of a family of 4 that takes trips in one. Storage did look like a concern (they appeared to roll clothes and other items into shoe organizers). We didn't pack much into our Scamps, but the tightness could still be a concern. We could perhaps use the back of the van for additional storage, but it sounds like a 2514 may just be too small for a growing family...
isotherm is offline   Reply With Quote