View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 04:33 AM   #8
Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrucePerens View Post
I did vinyl interlocking plank flooring from the Home Depot. It worked pretty well, especially because instead of cutting some edges I just picked up the couch and let them continue under it. It's that finicky cutting on the long axis that takes all the time. Do not buy the $50 cutter from the Home Depot. The bearings all break apart and it doesn't last through a single job. This from cutting 5 mm thick vinyl plank, about the softest thing out there to cut. I ended up buying a nicer cutter, because I had to do rooms in my house too. It makes the job much easier.
I ended up getting the same thing, except from Lowe's due to the veteran's discount. I will get pics of it when done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToCamp View Post
Before removing the propane system, be mindful that 1) some campgrounds may have the electricity fail while you are there, and you may want some heat, 2) the fridge will cool better on propane than on electric, and 3) you may want to use the stove occasionally for heating water or coffee, or some quick meal, instead of cooking outside (presume you will cook outside, so you are not always dining out).
I have been thinking about that, and will most likely carry a Big Buddy heater if I can use it with the TM's front tanks. I like it due to not needing any electricity unlike the stock furnace. I tested the Big Buddy I use in my shop and it heats the whole TM very well on medium, so a smaller buddy heater should also work well.

We generally camp fire cook or use an electric skillet. The stove did not work correctly and we already got rid of it.