View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 07:02 PM   #4
Punisher

Thank you both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
The floor's pet problem might be cured with a coat of sealing primer such as Kilz, followed by a coat of paint in the color of your choice. A rug or two would spiff it up, and make it easy to clean.
I had thought about something to that effect, but the wife wants a single sheet linoleum put down in either a tile or wood look. She has not made up her mind.

Quote:
Remember that these changes will have an enormous effect on the resale value of the trailer. The parts you are thinking of removing (toilet, especially) are very expensive to replace. If you really decide to go forward with these projects, my advice would be to save whatever you remove, and make the changes as reversible as possible.
Part of the reason is that the toilet is already broken and someone left the fresh water tank full of city water for at least the last 2 years. Previous owner said it was full when they got it. They used it as a temp house while they built their home, so some of the pluming like the toilet is over used and broken, while other parts are not touched in years. Resale is not an issue as when we are done with this thing no one will want it. We tend to keep things to the point of using them up totally.

Quote:
This is a common problem, and there is a lot of discussion and a number of solutions here on the Forum.
I am already seeing a lot of very helpful things here. I am very much looking forward to it.

Quote:
Sounds like a truly epic project. Please let us know how you make out, with pictures, when it is done.
I will for sure. I think just getting off the ground I am going to do a build thread (in the TM pictures section maybe?) to document out the build of the whole thing.

Thanks again,
Will