View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #20
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Ants?
- if it were me, I would set off one of the fog bombs in the unit with all the cabinet and storage doors open. Then air the whole rig out well. They may be sugar ants and by removing all traces of food, they may disappear. You may have upset them quite a bit while on the journey home and they may be looking for a more stable home soon.

Water pressure?
- As B&T said, the regulator is coupled on the park water source, then your fresh water hose is threaded on which then goes to the TM. Some parks may have higher pressure than others and it may cause an internal leak with the TM plumbing.

Propane?
- As I do, I close (turn-off) both tanks before leaving camp and I'm good to go. The valve situated between them is to select which tank to use.

Power Adapter?
- The TM power cable is 30A. Looks like a dryer plug at home. Big, bulky and has a cord reel of 20ft or more. Most full hook up parks will have a service post with the necessary plug and breaker switch for 30a. if you want to downsize to 110v, then you will have to adapt it using a 30a to 110v adapter available at Walmart or any RV store. By doing so, you will only be able to use minimal electrical items in the TM. All your overhead lights are 12v, so they will work through the converter. The AC will most likely wants more than 110v circuit to kick-on intially and you will not be able to use the microwave and the AC at the same time. If fact your 30a may not either. Every once in awhile, a park post will have 50a and then you have to adapt the 50a to 30a and that a different adapter alltogether. It has a heavy length of cable associated with the adapter. When I go to my sisters ranch house, her set up is all 50a for rv guests so I keep one in my TM.

Latch Springs?
- several? there are 4 safety hold down latches, one on each corner. is this what you asking? They are specific to RV, not just home improvement store, if I understand your question?

Tires?
- Certainly you will want to use trailer service tires and not passenger or truck tires. I buy my Carlisle ( E rated) at Discount Tire Centers. They are located all over the West and S/W and S/E and mount, warranty for road hazard and priced accordingly. Not sure if Sam's, Walmart are carrying RV tires. Maybe something to ask due to not being able to pull in the travel trailer into the work stall.

Brakes?
- TM brakes are electrical impulsed from the TV utilizing a factory installed controller or an aftermarket unit purchased and mounted in the cab area under the dash. They are adjustable for different conditions and should be tested in a large parking area on an off day with no traffic. I believe a shop can energize the system and see if they accuate properly. Drum brakes that are electrically accuated inside the wheel drum per side.

Queen Bed Flaps?
- I have a 3124 and the rear bed does not have velcro flaps. the front bed does. Are you sure your asking about the front or rear?

Antenna?
- yes, the unit is wired for a car radio set-up. The panel is located under the kitchen counter top and the refridgerator. It will accept most standard car radio (12v) CD, radio, players.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote