View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 08:43 PM   #20
Riwright
TrailManor Master

Default Tundra update

Thanks for the info, people. I got the Tundra wired up and the WDH adjusted at the shop today. The clearance over the rear wheels is greater than the clearance over the front wheels so the rear end is not down at all.

The new rigs tows very well. The chucking problem is gone. Braking is much improved. The winds were very gusty today and I was surprised at how little the rig got blown around. Very stable.

Power is quite good even on steeper grades. I experimented some with downshifting but the transmission seemed to do pretty well at finding the right gear on it's own so perhaps I will leave it alone.

It's bumpier than I would like. Once I get the trailer loaded for camping perhaps it will ride smoother. It could be the fact that I stick to the right hand "truck lanes" when I tow and those lanes are much more torn up than the lanes I usually ride. I am also coming from a Lexus to a pickup and that takes some adjustment. The Tundra rides very well but not as well as the Lexus.

Overall I am very happy with things, I think I can pull safely. I don't think I'll have any more "white knucle tows" with the Tundra.

>> rvcycleguy

What kind of airbags did you add? How did they change the ride?

>> popbeavers
>>The TM should have brakes that are more or less adequate for stopping the TM. The TV should have brakes that are adequate to stop the TV.

With the new rig stopping felt a lot more "normal." I was surprised at how fast I could stop the rig.
Riwright is offline   Reply With Quote