View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #6
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by spam4us View Post
Hello everyone. 1st post. I used to own an Apache solid state back in the day.
I'd like some info please about the beds in the Trailmanors during hot & cold weather.

In the Apache, the bottom of the bed that the matress sat on was just a piece of plywood. No insulation. During the cold months, the matress was always cold to sleep on since there was only plywood. How are the trailmanors in this respect? Is there any insulation under the matress? If not, is it possible to insulate under the bed perhaps on the outside?

I had a 10,000 btu a/c installed for the summer months but no matter how long it ran, I would loose too much a/c again due to no insulation. The camper always felt hot during the day. Had to always look for a shaded site.

How good is the a/c in the trailmanor. Does it reach the bed past the bathroom and closet? Does it cool the rest of the trailer well on hot days or does it "just get by"?

Looking to purchase a 3124 in the future.

Thanks in advance for yoour help.
As far as insulation is concerned, I think that any trailer with a bed platform that is exposed to the cold underneath is going to have an issue.

We found some 1" thick, closed cell foam exercise pads at Walmart ($5 each). They are 20" wide and 72" long. We put three of them under our mattress and it seems to cut the heat loss substantially. We use an air mattress with a 3" memory foam topper. Heat loss was a real problem with the air mattress. Not any more.

You don't mention in your post what year you have. I am assuming that you have the earlier model with the A/C unit in the side. As you know, that A/C blows either one direction or the other. Our 10,000BTU A/C (on our '98 2720) does a great job of cooling, if one places a small fan behind the air flow to encourage the cold air to travel either fore or aft. It doesn't cool the entire camper well on very hot days like the roof mounted A/C.

Last summer, we camped in 117 degree weather. The camper was very comfortable in the forward part and we took a nap with a blanket on in the forward bunk (75 degrees inside). It was too hot to lay in the aft bunk during the day without allowing the living area to get hot.........it's either fore or aft, we can't have both.