View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 01:13 PM   #1
live4fun

Default Inverter Selection for TM2720- Solar Setup

I have 200ah capacity from 2 Lithium batteries (100ah) connected to (3) 100W rooftop Solar panels with a 30amp controller. I have very low loads, most everything is 12v/LED, and few AC loads for my system (air con. & microwave are all I can think of). USB plugs, chargers & computer/TV stuff is accounted for in the 12V loads.

Originally, I was going to purchase a small 12v autoplug 300w power inverter to have around in case I needed it for something (charging a drill, tire compressor, etc). i could also use it in my vehicle.

But I was thinking further that I possible could use our 700W microwave for 1-4 minutes occasionally every 2-3 days just for defrost or reheating foods. Would a 1000W to 2000W inverter handle this load sufficiently, and it be compatible with my solar 12v system as explained above?

What %SOC decrease or AH would you expect for a 1-4 minutes draw down on the batteries when used? Any ideas?

Question 2# If this larger inverter would work then; I assume this 1000W+ inverter would hardwired in my battery compartment instead of a 12v autoplug (next to my plug source). Then i guess I'd need an extension cord or a new 12AWG receptacle to my microwave location in the kitchen? Is that plausible? Are there other inverters or configurations that work better from this microwave use? I selected this lower wattage microwave thinking it might be solar/ inverter compatible.

Does anyone have a similar setup that could explain what you've done for this situation? All thoughts are much encouraged.

Let me Know, thanks Kurt
live4fun is offline   Reply With Quote