View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 06:20 PM   #33
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephene1219 View Post
I already took the cables and break away switch off. So they will be moved. Since on my TM the safety cables were held on by 4: bolts that went all the way though the frame should I fill the old holes with clear silicone, to keep water out of the frame? do I need to drill all the way through the frame again or I I just use a 3/4" screw on the safety chains.
Don't move the safety cables unless you have to, Install your Anderson brackets but just tighten the bolts hand tight. See if you can situate the brackets so that you can still put the safety cables in the same holes.

The Anderson brackets should be mounted so that the top bolt can be as far back against the top of the frame as possible and the bottom bolt as far forward. Then, if you can put the 4" cable bolts in so that the Anderson brackets are firm against the bolts or added washers, that's great. The Anderson brackets will have a tendency to slide forward while you are towing. It's great if the brackets are stopped (from sliding forward) by the cable bolts on the right side. My left side brackets are stopped by the swing away tongue brackets.

I think that I might spot weld my brackets in place on the right side because they still have a tendency to slide. My other thought is to simply run a 1/2" self tapping bolt in the frame. I don't want to tighten the bolts too much for fear of crushing the frame.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3728.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	21604