View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 11:54 AM   #3
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

You've bought a unit that you can afford to mess up. That's important for a first-time trailer owner. We bought the 2004 version of that same model last year, and stayed in it more than 30 days out of the year. So far, we've suffered these disasters:
Tearing the awning by opening the door while raising or lowering the awning, the littlle wheel which was supposed to prevent that had a screw missing.

Flooding the camper by turning on the water at the bathroom sink, realizing the outside faucet was off and going out to turn it on, and going back to sleep without turning off the bathroom sink.

Tearing one of the center latches out of its lift arm.

Rodent invasion and nesting on top of the refrigerator so that it smelled really bad, which helped me to decide to replace it with a compressor fridge.

Running over our own sewer tote.
We have also done these abuses which might or might not have hurt
Raising the shell with the trailer on a tilt without first leveling it

Losing pins from two of the lift arms, raising and lowering several times without them in place.
Other than a little piece of transparent tape on the awning and having to replace some carpet and padding, we seem to have gotten out of all of the above issues without permanent damage, but I did spend a lot of time rodent-proofing with spray foam, silicone seal, and screening the 'fridge vents, and replacing the fridge.