View Single Post
Old 06-21-2003, 04:19 PM   #2
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Default Re: Check list for setting up

Quote:
Us Newbies might like a setup check list, I saw the taking down one but it would be nice to make sure we set it up right also.
BS (Bright Su  ),

I made myself a laminated checklist last year, about 2 weeks after parking my new TM in the driveway. Before I could modify it with all the dufus things I left off of it, my PC crashed and I lost the spread sheet on which it was developed.

Howsomever, I did take a digipic of it and have posted the Setup and Fold-Down. It's located here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/77904494qzJWBY

The text accompanying the pics lists additional items which should also be on the list, and others I am sure are still missing. Anyway, I hope it can give a reasonably close approximation of a workable checklist. Lamination is a must, if it to actually be used. I had a tendancy to set it down somewhere and not locate it until the current evolution was completed.

I am used to both using and developing cockpit checklists for airline pilots, hence the bold lettering for the ACTION taken.

Also, I made up a seperate, detailed checklist for hot water heating, assuming a gas/electric heater is installed in the trailer. Here IT is:

OPERATION USING PROPANE

1.      Hot water tank - FILL
2.      Turn on propane (gas) supply.
3.      Turn switch to ON; note amber light illuminates.
4.      Observe burner light off (amber light extinguishes)
NOTE: If burner does not light on first try, the system will lockout. If lockout occurs before main burner lights, turn switch OFF for 5 seconds before turning switch to ON position.
[Continue as written in manual]: The first start-up of the heater may require several ignition cycles before all air is purged from the gas lines. Etc.....

OPERATION USING ELECTRIC HEATING ELEMENT

1.      Hot water tank - FILL
2.      AC electrical power - ON
3.      Switch used for propane heating:  Ensure - OFF
4.      Go OUTSIDE trailer to switch electric heating element ON
5.      Water heater access panel - REMOVE
6.      Cotter Pin-guarded ON / OFF switch - LOCATE
7.      Cotter pin - REMOVE (Use needle-nosed pliers)
8.      Switch: Press to-  ON
NOTE: It is easy to misplace/drop the cotter pin when removed.
Handle with care, and keep in a secure location.

TURN WATER HEATER OFF

1.      Turn switch to- OFF
2.      Insert Cotter Pin (if electric element was in use)
3.      Propane supply- OFF
4.      Drain water heater if desired (necessary if freezing temps anticipated)

HTH --- Denny_A
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote