View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 08:17 AM   #20
FlyboyTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjb View Post
I have some ideas for an anti-splash back baffle that would hopefully eliminate the need for any type of ball valve. The reason? I know myself, I'd forget to close the ball valve and have a mess anyway!

Travis, your vent idea is genius, and I plan to do this for sure. Once I figure out an anti-splash back baffle, I'll share the plan. In general, it will involve a pipe with holes being inserted into the top 3-5 inches of the toilet. A full toilet shouldn't reach this level.

I haven't gotten around to doing this mod yet because I was working on replacing the rear main seal on my 4x4 truck. I think I'd rather have been working on a toilet, to be honest, but the seal had to be done.
Thanks! In hindsight...a baffle system like you mentioned would be simple and straight forward and would stop the instant splash upwards into the vent pipe. Good idea! The ball valve saved me while I was 2,300 miles from home since the installation was easy and solved my problem. But, if starting over or a new build, I think I would be using the baffle system you envision. Thanks again!