View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 05:05 PM   #2
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

Having started a thread I suppose I should close it out. First I'd like to thank the other "spare-on-rear-bumper" TM2619 owners who PM'd me to confirmed that my tongue weight measurement of 350-400lbs is correct. This trailer is obviously carrying less weight on it's nose than others; especially the sliders.

After reading everything I could find about WDHs on this site, spending several hours over at RV.com and conferring with the Eqal-i-zer factory I decided to order the Equal-i-zer 600/6000 WDH. I'm convinced that there "IS" such a thing as "overkill" with a WDH and since we were getting by OK with the Draw-Tite 400/4000 single-arm WDH we've been using it seems a reasonable decision. If EQ made a 750-800 WDH I would have gone for one but my choices were either 600 or 1000. The factory did point out that I'll need a heavier hitch if we move to a bigger trailer but I can live with that- maybe it'll even cool my lust for a 3124KS. I'll admit that I might have gone heavier if we had a 4WD TV but I want considerable weight on my drive wheels at all times.

For anyone wondering why I didn't stick with the D-T 400/4000: I had to buckle it up pretty tight to get things level and have been thinking for some time that a better hitch might be nice. Denny-A's accident convinced me that it was time to act. Also, I had posted the 400/4000 in the classifieds over at PopUp Explorer to see what would happen and someone bought it the next day. My curiosity got me in trouble I guess.
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote