View Single Post
Old 04-06-2003, 09:18 AM   #8
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Default Re: Private Campgrounds

Bill,

I provided a link to the program I bought. There is no way I would pay $2k - 3k for a home park. I paid $450. I provided the link to show that it can be quite economical IF one shops for a deal. The kind where someone is raising cash for new campgrounds. Annual dues are $99 for the home park and $55 for RPI (waved 1st yr).

Doing the math, 30 nites stay, at a savings of only $15 per, pays for the home park purchase. Annually, then, I need to stay at ANY RPI park a total of 10 nites to save recurring fees. During my first yr of trailering (Apr 2002 to present), I've recovered all of the initial investment.

Resort Parks International has 750+ affiliates. My home park is in the middle of Sam Houston National Forest. I Live in Wisconsin. Since I go to the Gulf coast often, that turns out to be very useful to me. If I never visited there, it still is an economic advantage to me to use any of the other parks. They are, for the most part, very nice.

As it has been said; It's not so much what you do, but how you do it.

There's a very good spiral bound book called "Spirit of the Open Road", by Peggi McDonald. She covers the full spectrum of full-timing, including Membership Campgrounds. Her advice was useful in ferreting out a financially doable membership.

Example: https://www.avaio.com/campresorts_ss...haseonline.asp

The numbers you presented are typical. Avoid typical!  ;D

Denny_A
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote