View Single Post
Old 05-31-2023, 08:33 AM   #19
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
So if I understand correctly, you jammed the basket in place from the top (inside the tub) so it wouldn't rotate, and then turned the nut from the bottom. Would it be possible to hold the nut from the bottom somehow, and then turn the basket from the top? Again, might take two people ... but maybe less futzing around in that cramped space where all the plumbing gets in the way.

Bill
That is exactly what I did. I used the 1x2 as a brace - it jammed against the side of the tub to keep the basket from rotating.

I had considered going the other way around Bill. But Yeah... nothing to really brace the lock-nut wrench against if you were doing it alone. If I had had another pair of hands it would probably have been easier that way, but I didn't, so I went with what I had. Got the job done, but I looked at trying to see if I could do it turning the basket, but couldn't get it to work.

When I re-install, I'll do the same thing in reverse, and brace the basket in the other direction. Except this time, I will have clean threads and parts to work with. So hand tightening will work for most of it. A small amount of wrenching will be involved, but not as bad as the removal!