View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #24
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMMiniVan View Post
We have victory! We tried first without the WDH but scraped (see picture 1). We then added a small series of 2x12's and the TM got up without problems. Then we scraped the bottom of the tow hook from the minivan (oops). We reinstalled the WDH (halfway up the driveway - that was fun) and succeeded in getting it all the way up! Now we can work on it I believe we will do the 15" wheels but first we can fix it & clean it up. And you all are right - it won't fit in the garage if we make it any taller but the wheels will be worth it if it means safer travels. I suspect we are pushing the limits of our van's towing capacity.

Thank you all! I'm sure I'll be posting again in the near future as we prepare for our first trip We made a shopping list for our trip to Camping World tomorrow. We hope to camp in the driveway tomorrow evening. Right now we can't even unfold it (too close to the fence) so we first need to get the caster so we can move it around!

-Amy
With a steep driveway, I'd leave it either hitched or blocked, and not try to move it around with a wheel on the tongue jack. Use the TV to horse it around because the TM is too big to stop by hand if it decides to go somewhere by itself.

Welcome aboard!
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote