View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 07:49 PM   #28
radiojon

Follow-up:

We pulled the trigger and took delivery of our new '06 2720SL last Thursday! I had to special order a Reese round-bar WDH (750 lb bars), because the Camping World didn't have that hitch in stock ... but we DID get the Prodigy brake controller installed and towed it home.

The MDX performed terrific on the maiden voyage. There was a little bit of "dip" at the tongue/hitch connection, which I hope will be corrected when the WDH gets installed in a week or so. The RPMs never got about 3000, even when gunning the gas to accelerate onto the interstate. Most of the time, the needle was between 1900-2200 RPM. However, it DID seem to shift between 4th and 5th gear quite a bit; since I don't have the "overdrive off" button that a lot of big SUVs have, should I drive with it in D4, instead of D5????

The Prodigy controller made it seem as though the TM wasn't even there. Braking distances weren't any longer than what I was used to before hitching up the TM, and it rode quite smoothly.

Once the WDH comes in, we're getting it installed, adjusted, and then we're off to do some camping! THANKS again for all the insight!

- Mark