View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 09:05 PM   #5
The_Ravven

Hey, thanks all for the replies! Love all your curtain idea's ... ultimately we decided on using 2140 Oil Rubbed Bronze Telescoping Sash 5/16" Dia that are sold at home depot. We used these because the color scheme and remodel we are doing involves removing the factory fabric valance? things over the windows. So i found these in this video https://youtu.be/h8ORyUYdnxo?t=73 i time stamped! So the prior owner wired a new 7 pin incorrectly and i am working on fixing that. The inside we did cleaning on over the last weekend.

4 Things

1... "set a little further aft than usual" thank you ... and i got called out by an rv friend for calling it shore power lol. Thanks again for the congrats bill. The rental was a 2021 ram 2500 with tow package .... helped me learn that the 7 pin on the trailer was wired backwards. simply put the left turn signal made the camper activate the right and vis-a-verse. So thank goodness i had a 2500 as the trailmanor's brakes would not work.

2.. I have questions on the fact that the prior owner did work to the bolts and torsion bars. It took me using zip ties to "pull" the latch down to get the thing to even come close to sealing. any tips? i can get more pictures as needed to explain the problem.

3... being a 2005 i want to paint the outside trim and top corner caps as they have yellowed and i would love to make them black... anyone tried that yet?

4.. what is a good replace for the velcro as most of ours is missing or on its way out.

**edit need to fix the picture size for the seal and zip tie issue**

two interior shows pre-reno

Love all your curtain ideas so thanks for that ... wanted the most simple quick and easy but if they don't work out ... shrug lol

So next step is this weekend we finish cleaning and loading the trailer with our stuff. I also want to let you all know one thing. My Tundra i got is a 2000 v8 4x4 with 85k miles. I got it dirt cheap because it has no title. I checked the vin to make sure its not stolen or savage. There is a thing called the Vermont Loophole. If a vehicle, rv, motorcyle or whatever is over 15 years old you can use this loophole to get vermont registration and take that to your local dmv to get turned into a title in your state. Its prime info i learned a week before getting my tundra ... but it allowed us to spend more on the camper then the truck. Not looking to go into debt for a hobby!

Anywho, i will post more pictures if these worked soon! This weekend.... is cleaning and painting prep!
The_Ravven is offline   Reply With Quote