View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 10:36 PM   #1
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Default LiFeP04 Battery 2720SL

I finally finished the install of my 230AH LiFeP04 Lithium battery.

I owe a lot of thanks to "rickst29" for all of his expertise and extraordinary patience.

Getting the best and safety out of the lithium batteries takes a lot more than I thought. All of the wire sizes, special busbars fuses etc make it safe and efficient. My install isn't perfect but I thought that it might be helpful to some and the discussion could be helpful to all that may be interested in doing this.

I'm not going to go into all the "cell compression" that Rick so eloquently helped me with to build my battery out of raw cells. To be honest, I wouldn't do it again but I wanted to do it once.

What you don't see in this pic is that I replaced the WFCO Charge controller with a Progressive Dynamics charge controller and installed a "Go Power TS-30 30 Amp Automatic Transfer Switch" which I highly recommend for anyone that is installing an inverter that the want to tie into their trailers 110V power panel and circuit breakers.

I wire the PD charge controller directly to the battery with 6G wire (as apposed to wiring it through the WFCO power center). Then the power center gets it's power directly from the battery through 8G wire. The 110V from the shore power cable goes through the Automatic transfer switch so that when shore power gets plugged in, the inverter is instantly taken out of the loop anthe power center gets 110V from shore power. Then when shore power is unplugged, the inverter automatically gets power again and 110V comes from the inverter to the power center.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Complete08-12-22a.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	431.6 KB
ID:	21298   Click image for larger version

Name:	Complete8-12-22.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	21299   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aug2-2022Final A.jpg
Views:	91