Thread: Minivan or not?
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2004, 05:35 PM   #1
Eckandmike

Default Minivan or not?

Please forgive me ahead of time. I am green when it comes to forums and green when it comes to campers. Wy wife and I and 4 kids (not all "little", one is 5'5&quot are looking at Trailmanors. The dealer says that we can pull ANY size Trailmanor with our car (Windstar). We are looking at the 2720 and from what I can read I do not see many entries in these forums specific to Windstars. The posts I do read about minivans, more often than not I am seeing recommendations to NOT use a minivan. I want to do this right and do not want to have to worry about driving in the mountains etc.. So the big question that I am trying to resolve is, will a Windstar work or will I be worrying all the time?. Second, if the Windstar will work with modifications, are these typically big expenses? Because I have 4 kids I will need all benches in the minivan. With a tow capacity of 3500lbs (not sure how many people they calculated this with), this weight limit does not leave much room for people, LP, etc...I am sold on the Trailmanor for it's low profile, but I need real world advice on whether or not I should look at a different tow vehicle. I had heard that this is a big debate issue so I do not want to re-open an old thread, however I could not find anything on this. Thanks in advance.
Mike