Thread: Sway control
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 10:44 AM   #10
Rookie

Default Sway Control

OK...thanks for the feedback!

Let me fill you in on this sway we experience sometimes. My husband was following me as I was using 2001 F150 automatic. As a transfer truck passed us in the left lane, he says the rear of trailer actually moved toward the passing truck. He also said that the TV DID NOT sway.

So, we've checked tire pressures on the trailer and the TV and they are correct per the manufacturer. Also, a note, we have been carrying a Honda 3000 generator on a flatbed mounted on the TM rear hitchmount. It weighs 105 lbs. With that generator attached, my husband I cannot pick up the trailer tongue (we're farmers and between the two of us, there isn't a towed implement that we can't move). So, we also wonder if there is something about the tongue weight being excessive. I thought a 3023 should only have around 300lbs tongue weight. We're pretty sure it seems to be over 500lbs.

Is there any adjustment with the axle? This 2002 TM is a used model that only had one owner. We do not store anything in the TM other than pots, pans, dishes, etc. So, there really isn't any weight that we've added other than the generator. What other factors could there be?