Thread: Sway control
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 05:12 PM   #6
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
Thanks! So is that one that has two arms on either side?
Ours has one arm on each side for the WDH & we only have the one Sway control mounted on the passenger side of the WDH

Quote:
Ball park pricing?
The link I posted had the actual price for the EAZ-Lift 1009 WDH & one sway control at $177.99 + $49.95 S/H = $227.94

I noticed he also sells the Curt Brand WDH + sway control for $182.99 + $44.99 S/H = $227.98

Quote:
Will contact them on Monday!
The only way to get the eBay price they have is to buy thru his eBay auction.

Quote:
When we're generally towing over flat land (like Florida) the sway is not noticeable except when transfer trucks fly by. I generally keep it between 65 and 70 mph. However, when you start towing on highways that have tons of curves, it gets pretty slow and somewhat "squirrelly". The truck was already "squirrelly" because it is a short bed 4WD and it kinda darts all over (just a fact of life for that type of vehicle).
We are towing our 3023 with a Land Rover which is a very short wheel base. We have had no issues with towing with or without a sway control so far. Although as I stated already I have it so I use it for a little extra safety.

The WDH was definitely needed though since the TM made the Headlights look more like Search Lights.

I also tow at the speeds you do mostly & so far have had no issues with Flat or Hilly terrain.

We originally bought the TM because we wanted to use our Land Rover but decided against a PopUp for various reasons. I was a little concerned how the Rover would tow but it has surpprised me how well it does. Also Land Rovers are Full Time 4x4s.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote