View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
Laura FM

Default Awaiting my 2417!

I just ordered a 2417 last week. It should be here in about a month. I cannot wait.

We have had two coleman/fleetwood pups in the past 12 years. The first was a 10 foot model, but as our two kids got larger, that one got smaller.Then we got a used 14 ft highwall which was great, but it was getting old, and our kids are now in college, so it seemed too big. We have been looking at other PUPs, and would have bought one if the dealers had not been so slimey and not too bright. But, everything we saw seemed like a big compromise. I even said to my husband that maybe when you buy one you assume you are going to buy another one about 5 years later.

We were in the neighborhood of the TM dealer (Custom RV in Anaheim, about 45mins from our house) and decided to just check out the 2417. The non negotiables for any trailer- must go up our sort of steep driveway (we got the lift kit) and fit in or garage (must be less than 19 feet, 3 inches) and must have a bed that we will not have to climb over each other in the night, preferably a king. So, the 2417 is excellent.

We got it without the toilet (does anyone here have the cabinet? what is it like?), solar panels, ac (which apparently is not an optional option), an extra window on the king sized bed side, quick connect, hitch receiver, fantastic fan. We did not get awning, tv hookups, stereo. They also said they would not put up the cabinet over the double bed - it holds almost nothing, and I am thinking with a few pillows, that area would make a nice little daybed/couch if that cabinet was not where you would put your head back.

I really liked how the dealer/TM will allow you to get exactly what you want. Not so with the PUPs we looked at.

I cannot wait. We should get it about a month before a three week trip we have planned for southern Utah, so plenty of time for a couple of short trail trips.