View Single Post
Old 10-27-2002, 01:03 PM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re: Power cord access while TM is closed

Quote:
Bill,

I am very interested in your diagrams and believe I could do the project myself. I'm not sure where I would place the outlet yet, but probably not in the bumper. I thought about adding a second covered AC outlet box next to the external factory box for this, but I've not yet decided.

Wade
Wade -

I have sent you diagrams by private email, since the board's server doesn't accept graphics yet. Be aware - this isn't an outlet, meaning a socket. This is a plug, like the male (plug) end of an extension cord. You can have this plug hang anywhere that is accessible when the TM is closed, but it ought to be protected from road grime/sand/salt/etc so it won't corrode. It sounds kind of rinky-dink, but I am installing a 6 x 6 x 2 inch Tupperware box with a screw-on lid in the rear bumper compartment of my 2720. The cord passes through the wall of the container, sealed with silicone caulk, and the plug (on a 12 inch length of cord) is inside the container. When I need it, I open the bumper compartment, take the lid off the Tupperware, pull out the plug, plug an extension cord into it and the other end into the house, and voila, the TM refer and battery charger are powered up.

If you do this - especially if you choose a different location for the free end of the cord - let us know how it works out for you.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote