View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 06:34 AM   #10
stormpeakco

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyDoodle View Post
I was gonna use the rear hitch on the TM (bike rack manufacter talked me outta that), so I decided to use a "split hitch" --- until I looked closer at my bike rack. It has a wide radius curve at the bottom (the leg that actually goes into the receiver) causing it to extend beyond where the hitch ball would be and there's not enough clearance between the lower & upper mount points....Instead of additional adapters and extenders, I just installed a front hitch on my TV.....Now I can SEE what's going on with my bikes at all times, I get the additional benefits from having the front hitch capabilities and it cost me less than a hundred bucks........I'd do it again this way in a NY minute!!
Nice.
Bugs, few rock chips, birds and highway spray may all be tolerable if there aren't any carbon fiber frame, forks, wheels or components. (Seems there is no ideal solution for ferrying bicycles-roof mounted on TV, back of TM, front of TM, in front of TV, within the truck bed with a canopy- thereby severely reducing TV storage volume).

The biggest advantage to a front receiver (particularly w/ a TM rear view mounted camera system) may be to pilot (forward with TV) the TM to restrictive storage space.
stormpeakco is offline   Reply With Quote