View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 12:04 PM   #14
EAKlebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebantam View Post
I just closed up the TM by myself, for the first time...Volvofan was there aiding me when I bought it from him.

had problems with the door...my problem not the doors, it is a little confusing at first. Remember I am totally nonmechanical.

Got the back down, had to remove the bedspread and get the bed past the shelf that Jon had put in in the galley.

BUT could not get the back to latch on the door side, other side latches nicely. The latch handle kind of hangs straight down unlike the front latch. Front is latched under the door.
I climbed on my ladder, put weight on the roof, the bar goes to the latch but will not engage. That, it seems takes 2 people or someone stronger than me to hold down the roof. I see the little handle and tried stepping gently on that but I am not a small woman and do not want to break anything.

I brought the back side up by myself several times so I could get back in and see what was keeping it from going down (silly me, it was the right side of the door frame) I am waiting for my husband to wake up from his nap so he can manually hold the latch open and close it whist I push down from the top, have to do similar on my popup, difference is the latch is right by where I am pushing down.

Any ideas? a new latch maybe?
Are you talking about the automatic spring loaded latch? If so, I have found that letting the shell up a bit and then pushing down quickly frequently works as it adds a bit of momentum to aid the latching.