View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 08:38 AM   #6
PopBeavers

If you run the fridge on 12 volts while towing and stop for an extended period of time then there are two batteries to worry about. If the tV has an isolator or relay then the TV will be OK. If in doubt unplug the TM from the TV when you stop for a meal. Stopping for gas isn't long enough to be a problem.

However, if you stop for dinner and unplug the TM from the TV then the fridge is now running off of the TM battery(s). Some of us have added a battery disconnect switch. Others have added an external fridge switch. Otherwise you have to pop the TM open to take the fridge off of 12 volts and either turn it off or run on propane. I don't know how long it will take to kill the TM batteries.

When I take the TM to work and leave from there then I run the fridge on propane in the parking lot. Otherwise my stops are never more than an hour so I just use my battery disconnect switch.

In some other thread I think others have discussed the estimated time that it will take the fridge to kill the TM battery.