View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 11:22 PM   #3
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a "lever bracket", and how exactly you are going to get ~4 inches of travel on the slide valve through a 1" hole. Can you draw something, even if it's on a piece of paper and you then take a photo of it?

I presume that you are planning for your 2-foot 1/4" rod to go UNDER the trailer floor (as in exposed to the road) vs. through the wall to clear the shells when closed, correct? How are you going to seal around the hole and still allow rod movement?

My slide valve under the toilet has always required a bit of gusto to open/close, and I've even replaced the seals on it. I have never used any seal lube though, so perhaps that is the reason. But it may be a bit trickier using a lever like you are proposing.

Dave
Lever bracket = fulcrum. Just 2 "L' brackets, with a hole in them for a bolt through the lever to act as the pivot.

The hole in the floor would actually be elongated some and I'm thinking the "Fulcrum" brackets would need to be under the floor for additional throw length. It would be easily sealed with a rubber boot or just a seal with a slot in it, attached to the under side of the floor. I don't think sealing is a big issue though (at least in SoCal).

There would need to be a slot in the upper part of the bracket, where the valve rod attaches to make up for the throw of the rod.......it is doable......