View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 08:15 AM   #10
AmcFlorida

Ok, so just left the RV place and put $500 down to hold it, so I am buying this one!

Seems like there are enough YouTube videos and support from this group to handle anything that may come up.

My plan is to get my 4 to 7 pigtail adapter (I will get the brake module later, my first tow is just down. The street 10 miles, no hills)

Gather the rest of the cash, and pickup this week.

Upon pickup, go thru the checklists and verify all is working.

Dump gray water, (easy) black water (they will help me first time , or I will watch YouTube vids)

And fill fresh water tank with about 5-10 gallons to test.

Then, I'm gonna take it home. Level it off, and I'm gonna set it up and live in it for a week, and become familiar with how everything works.

So, I guess I'm on my way! End goal is to live in this unit, till I finish school, get a bigger better job, and then upgrade!

I kinda don't wanna pay rent any more, my last place was $1800 per month, and I feel I can make this RV living work out for at least the next year, then upgrade to something nicer if I like this lifestyle. (I will be in Florida)

Ok, thanks for all the input! I cant see the dates on the propane tanks, will check that on the walk thru.

One other thing , this RV / Camper has everything needed. Hoses. Freshwater filter. Dehumidifier. Soap. Pots pans toaster George Foreman grill , shower body wash , TP, bug spray, blankets , extra lights to hang on the awning. Everything so it's ready to hit the road!

One thing, the awning was having trouble unraveling, like it was super sticky ( I guess they didn't roll it out in
a while) anything I can spray on that to make it easy , so I don't force it and rip it?

Looks like some kind of vinyl material, so maybe some soapy water?

And I did see an ant or two. Also saw bug spray and some ant traps.

I can set up new traps and I plan on cleaning and disinfecting everything, is this a huge concern? Or just part of camping.

Thanks for the input!

Also , watched a few videos on first day with your RV.

Plug in. Turn on things in proper order. Sleep in it overnight and use everything.

Any checklists or guidance on this? Sounds easy enough...

Al

ps:. One of these days I wanna get a huge slide out Winnebago, like the one pictured! 😎👍💯
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220109_145932.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	3.78 MB
ID:	20401   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220109_151116.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	3.24 MB
ID:	20402   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220109_145921.jpg
Views:	41