View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #12
Steppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura FM View Post
Right now we have an 8 cyl 4Runner, which tows over 7K lbs.

We want to replace it with a 6 cyl vehicle. We were thinking of maybe a 6cyl 4 Runner (5K lbs), but now I find out that the 6 cyl Highlander also has a tow capacity of 5K lbs.

We have the lightest of TMs - a 2417 Sport, and usually it is just my husband and me. I have no doubt that a vehicle that can tow 5K lbs has sufficent capacity, but how does it feel to drive it?

Also - when TM lists the approximate tongue weight what does that include? battery? full or empty propane tank? I have one tank and one battery. Right now we do not need a WDH, and it would be great if that would continue, but we realize that might have to change.

Thanks!
We just replaced our 2006 Highlander as TV for our 2004 2027SL. It was 215 HP and the max towing capacity was 3500 lbs. Ours had the towing package. The TM towed well behind it and we used a WDH. We towed it from MD to NH and it did ok but it was definitely under powered especially on steep hills.

We replaced it with a 2011 Honda Ridgeline which we just got and haven't towed with it yet.
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
Curt WDH Trunnion 800 # TW
Steppy is offline   Reply With Quote