Thread: We did it!
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #9
PopBeavers

Addendum to my earlier comments:

When backing into the garage, where I have 2 inches of clearance on the driver's side, I don't want any help. I have a mark on the floor where the chock goes. I have a mop hanging from a cabinet instead of my brother in laws cane. When I hit the chock I stop. It takes one try to get aligned in the driveway the way I want to be and then one try to get it into the garage. I do have a straight shot at the garage. My neighbors are impressed at my backing in, especially knowing when to stop. The do not know about the mop and chock. The rear wall of the garage is dinged up a little. Before I figured out to use the chock, I stopped when the rear hitch receiver hit the wall. My wife always came out of the house to see if I was OK.

When making a 19 point turn in a forest full of trees after sunset I let my daughter (30) assist me. She had a flashlight. Her job was to stand behind the TM and any time she thought I might hit something she yelled STOP and I got out to look at the situation. I can see the front and both sides. I can not see the rear. Under this circumstance I doubt that a rear view camera would work well enough. My wife and nephew (28) were not invited to help. There is a limit to my trust and confidence in people. My son (28) was not there. I might trust him.