View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #24
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Ok, my trim has a rubber "stick out" part which is flexible, and then the part that is nailed to the wood, which is inflexible. When I measure from one inflexible side to the other, I'm just about 7' 11". I know that certain parts on the sides of the TM, like the hold down latches, will push the flexible part as the TM goes in and out, but if I'm centered correctly then nothing is scraping on the inflexible part. If your 7' 10" is measuring from a flexible part to the other, you could potentially do it, because that's about all I have from the flex edges. If that measure is to inflexible trim, you might be able to do it, but the alignment would have to be absolutely perfect. I have a little bit of wiggle room with my dimensions--it's close but not impossibly so.

Trim is removable, too, and just making a small section removable is another option. The main tight parts are the lights and the hold-down latches, which I open for space purposes, so you could just engineer two small sections of removable trim on each side, and pop em in and out as needed. That was going to be my solution if I couldn't squeeze in due to trim, but I could, so I didn't have to

I'll be getting the TM out within the next few days, weather permitting, and I can try to get shots of the clearance if that will help.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote