View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #16
boze man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ng2951 View Post
If you are worried about bears the Starcraft 13rt is not going to offer much in the bear protection category.

One thing you will find out about the TM is that it does offer that openess feeling in a hardside. Most lightweight trailers do not have windows in all directions like TMs do. About the only window you cannot look out of easily is the bathroom window. Most lightweight hardsides have windows on only 2 or 3 walls.

I agree with the other poster that the straight 2720 probably is the right floor plan for you. However, the SL with an airbed ought to work fine. If you leave the couch in bed mode using extra pillows as couch back, you can stow the deflated airbed under the couch (along with other things).

I can see being without the wardrobe. We kind of like ours since it gives us our own little room (with three windows). That is nice when the pardette takes her afternoon nap and she can close the curtains for just her and the dogs. Lady loves to sleep under the TV shelf on the king bed by the bathroom; its her own little cubby.

One huge advantage over the Starcraft will be the bathroom. Sassy & I looked at tent campers first. I took one look at the bathroom and saw that I was going to have to get up at midnight and take the dogs for a walk. That did not appeal to me. That hardside bathroom is very nice. It may be small, but it beats a wetbath any day of the week or an unscheduled midnight walk...
Bears!...I not to worried but I guess it in the back of the wifes mind...but def something to consider.

I prefer the tent camper but the more i think of the TM the more I like it....