View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default New anti-spam tools coming

The number of spam attempts has grown enormously in the past couple months. Chris is putting a lot of time into integrating some new anti-spam tools, but they need refinement. In the last couple days, a few legitimate posts have gone into Moderator Hell - a holding pen for "questionable" posts. Most of the hell-bound posts really are spam, and by holding them, the tool gives me the opportunity to ban the spammer. At the same time, I have been releasing the legitimate posts, of course. The tools need fine-tuning, so please be patient as Chris works to get this capability up and running for us.

For a long time I have dealt with spammers manually, but recently the spam load has been so high that I can no longer deal with them effectively this way. We really have to have these automated tools. Please be patient with us as Chris works to get it all up and running for us. In the meantime, if you get a message saying "Your post was held for the moderator", send me a PM and I will get it out of there right away.

Thanks, Chris, for all you do.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote