View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 10:37 AM   #58
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgpmd1 View Post
Just having a debate over the tires with DH. Look new, seem new, but we'll see. I'd like to get new ones, but we'll repack the bearings and inspect the stems today. The good news is that the camp ground is only 90 miles away.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else saw a TM in person before they decided it was for them.
I haven't read all the posts in this thread in detail, but if your tires are more than three years old I'd replace them. We bought our TM when it was 6 years old, it was immaculate, and the tires still had the little rubber feeler thingies on them. They were original, but we didn't check the dates . We made a couple of trips before we had a blowout. It was not a fun experience, no matter how far you are from the house, you need to deal with it, and in 90 degree heat, stuck somewhere on the side of the road, it is not fun. When you get it changed, then you're worried the whole time that your spare is going to blow and then you'll be really out of luck.

I found out about TM's on the internet and then found this site in 2003. We were able to find two members of the board who were nice enough to let us come visit their TM's and after seeing one in person, we decided for sure that they were for us. We also had to do some experimenting with a utility trailer, some sticks approximating a 20' frame tied to the back of it, hitched up to our truck to be sure that we could get it in and out of our driveway.