View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 11:10 PM   #24
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

I'm not too worried about the fridge not working as we have already agreed to a price verbally (well, in ASL-American Sign Language). Getting a unit in showroom condition under $12k sounds like a deal since it's just right down the road. Everything seems to work, save the bathroom wall questionable issue. It was custom ordered and only used a couple of times five years ago.

I'll post an update once we get it home. Went to Wally World tonight and picked up a 2" hitch that I'll put on my Tahoe tomorrow and see what I need to add to the towing package to make it work. Think I need to figure out the brake system and how that hooks up to the Tahoe. We purchased a towing package when the TV was new, but I've got to work on that tomorrow. Also grabbed a couple of locks since it will be in the street for a few days. No HOA rules like my parents house. Just don't know about the propane tanks. It looks like they are custom tanks, but most places around here do an exchange program, so I'll have to find out how that works. Never used propane before, just seen my friends use it for their grills. I'm sure there is something in the forum. I've been reading all the info about owning a used TM, so I'm sure I'll get to it soon.

I'm so excited, I just can't believe my dh actually said, "Is this waht you want?". Said "Yes" and he said "Fine, negotiate a price". I used blue book value for the TM with the accessories and offered to pay the next day. The owner said that she accepts my offer. We'll bring it home tomorrow. I can't wait to get it home and start working on getting it ready for a test run in the driveway.

Dh likes to tinker with our cars, so I'm sure he'll get in the mood to start tinkering once I get it open and checking everything out again. They have the original owners manual form 2005, so I'll start by reading that first.

The son wants to travel to Boston or NC next month. Not sure if a long trip is a good idea with a new-to-us used TM. Who knows, maybe it will be better than tent camping? Sure hope so.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

I'm going to love being a part of the TM family!
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote