View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #27
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

I don't recall anyone suggesting on this thread that anybody should be driving an overloaded or unsafe vehicle. Certainly not me.

I showed you that I am towing within the guidelines specified in my owner's manual, and all you guys want to talk about is BP and their out of control oil well, flying gliders over schoolyards, jumping off cliffs, or people hanging their families in baskets like it would be a better idea if you had a bigger rope.

Please try to remember a couple things for me, no matter what you're driving:
- Unloading your front wheels is dangerous. Even if it's only 5%, that's 5% less steering and braking while you're towing, when you need it most.
- The big V8 may be rated for more tow than the smaller one, but it doesn't rate any more "stop."
- RV's aren't intended to go 70mph in traffic.

Pop Beavers: Thanks for posting your list of items and weights. That's helpful to people trying to figure out where their expected trailer weights might come out.

M&M Hokie: The problem with the Sienna, the last time I worked through the calcs with someone, was that it was hard to keep it under Gross with the tongue weight.
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote