View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 04:23 PM   #25
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrv View Post
This is my last post on this thread unless there are pictures (lots of pictures) and a lot better inspection of all of the appliances.
This is really the bottom line. I could see how a number of the things you described could actually be rather minor issues. It's impossible for us to give an accurate valuation without pictures. It's one thing to value a "near perfect" TM, but once required repairs are introduced, there is no way to quantify them from your interpretation of what the seller is portraying. Frankly, I think it is entirely possible that $6k is a decent price. Possible. Also possible it's a horrible price, as others have suggested.

From your initial post, my comments are in CAPS below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectiveOwner View Post
Considering buying a 2001 2619 .....

standard camper/boat mold on all plastic on outside, needs a good deep cleaning - PERHAPS NOT A BIG DEAL. ALL TRAILERS GET DIRTY WHEN TOWED. MIGHT BE RECTIFIED BY SPENDING AN AFTERNOON WITH A 6-PACK AND HOSE.

Door latch is broken (has to duct tape door closed !) - PROBABLY A CHEAP EASY REPAIR

3 decent indented scrapes down side of it exterior along with a few other dents - A BIT CONCERNING AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENED, BUT IF THE ALUMINUM IS NOT PUNCTURED AS TO ALLOW WATER, IT MAY JUST BE COSMETIC.

2 of 4 latches (on the 4 corners) broken off - CHEAP EASY REPAIR.

stains on the drapes - COSMETIC DAMAGE, OBVIOUSLY. DRAPES CAN BE DRY CLEANED, BUT THERE CAN BE ISSUES WITH SHRINKAGE. EXPENSIVE TO REPLACE.

floor very worn and peeling up bad enough to prevent fridge from opening
plastic trim by the "guides" on the bottoom side (under the beds) falling off - MAY JUST NEED SOME GLUE. UNUSUAL DAMAGE THOUGH, MAY INDICATE FURTHER DAMAGE AS HARVEYRV SUGGESTS.

side pop up panel missing - WHAT IS THIS?

lots of little trim pieces on the inside cracked/missing - HOW BAD?

something wrong with the awning (he mentioned duct tape) that supposedly doesn't prevent it from functioning but is somehow messed up ...i didn't get him to show me that though - AWNING IS $1000 NEW. IF THERE IS A TEAR, THERE ARE REPAIR KITS. OBVIOUSLY, THE EXTENT OF DAMAGE IS UNKNOWN.

tires only 2 years old - MAYBE. IF HE BOUGHT THEM 2 YEARS AGO, THEY ARE PROBABLY 3 YEARS OLD FROM MANUFACTURE. THEY WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED WITHIN A YEAR OR 2 MAX, REGARDLESS OF WEAR, TO REDUCE RISK OF A BLOWOUT.

estimated times on the road between 60-80 IRRELEVANT, REALLY. WHO CARES HOW OFTEN IT'S BEEN USED. IT'S THE CONDITION THAT IS IMPORTANT. IF HE IS THE ORIGINAL OWNER, HE'S HAD IT 9+ YEARS, SO THAT IS NOT INCONSISTENT WITH THAT LENGTH OF OWNERSHIP.

the ac is like a window unit next to the stove (is that standard) and supposedly works along with the heat ...said the pumps work, the fridge works (although he said it can take up to 8 hours to cool off) - SOUNDS GOOD.

all the exterior metal seemed to have a decent amount of rust - NORMAL. TAKE A LOOK UNDERNEATH YOUR CAR.
Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote