View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 09:00 PM   #2
viking

We bought our unit used about 18 months ago. We had a Jayco pop-up for 15 years before this. We use the TM about once a month for short 100 mile or less trips. Plus we have pulled it up to the “mountains” of North Carolina from Florida. From all the trips we have not really had any troubles with build quality. I have had minor problems with some screws coming loose but they were easy to fix with stuffing toothpicks and glue into the holes (thanks Bill for the suggestion). The roof and sides are made of aluminum. The aluminum roof is loud in the rain. As has been discussed in this forum there is no one camper that does it all as there are trade-offs with any unit. I like the low profile while towing and light weight of the TM unit. Set up takes me 2 minutes longer than a hard side camper to set up, plus you have less internal storage. Another plus to this unit compared to a hard side is that I can keep it in my garage and save on storage and keep my neighbors happy. I’m sure I have left a lot off but others will fill in the holes with their insight. Good Luck with your search!