View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 09:17 AM   #17
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcua View Post
Why is your TM 4200 pounds?
Because of the amount of stuff that I take. I weighed it once. It weighed 3380 on the axle. I am guessing on the tongue weight. I have no doubt that I am over 3500.

I leave home with 49 gallons of water (40+6+3) for about 400 pounds. Six outdoor chairs, two outdoor tables, two green fake grass mats, free standing awning with walls, generator, outdoor stove, reclining lounge chair for outside, small bbq, fire pit, plus the normal stuff, dishes, food, cold beverages.

It adds up real fast. The average TM owner, it seems to me, carries an average of about 1000 pounds beyond the base weight of the TM, except for the few people that intentionally travel light.

I carry 5 bicycles in the back of the TV, and 5 adults in the TV.

Recently we added two motorcycles and two ATVs. So now I take a second truck to tow the ATV trailer and carry one of the motorcycles. If we take the ATVs and dirt bikes then we do not take the mountain bikes.

I can not park a toy hauler in my garage, thus the TM. The ATV trailer and the ATVs are in the side yard. My motorcycle is also my daily driver to work. My son's motorcycles is dirt only and he stores that at his house.