View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 07:38 AM   #8
Bob&Karen

We owned a 2004 Fleetwood Sequoia pop-up. It was loaded - Built-in microwave, 6 gallon water heater, hard-side bath, king beds on both ends, furnace, and A/C. Loved camping in it on weekends, but then came the trip from NE Tennessee to Utah.

Let me tell you, it got real old real fast setting up at the end of a long day of driving. Then the take-down the next morning, drive all day, and set up again. It was OK when we stopped for a couple of days in one place. Unless it was windy - May in southern Utah appears to be VERY windy. We actually had a support rod bent from the wind. Not a lot of fun. We travel with three Boston Terriers and worried constantly about them.

It was very easy to tow. But our TM is just as easy if not easier. We have LOTS more room inside (for rainy days). We just feel 'safer' in bad weather. We went to Tucson in March of this past year (very windy in south Texas that time of year, also) - the TM withstood the wind gusts extremely well (up to 55 mph winds).

Pop-up was $9,000 and our current TM was $30,000 - big difference in price BUT we feel like we have a much better camper. TM is so much easier to set up and take down. I wouldn't go back to a pop-up now (I'd give up camping first!).

Any specific questions I can answer re: the specific pop-up we had, feel free to ask.

Bob