View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 05:21 PM   #2
agesilaus

Time time time. We have had three popups before we got our TM. It takes forever to get that popup up in the evening and down in the morning. I'd guess it was taking at least an hour to get the popup ready for the road, a little less time to get it set up. We would stay in a Motel on the road rather than fight getting that thing up at night.

The TM is up in 5 minutes and down in 10 and hooked up to the truck. No cranks, no stuffing the canvas in no fuss. And no %$#@!!! language.

Furthermore the canvas is always getting rips and tears. We replaced canvas on two popups, $700 each time. And were doing constant minor patches. TM has aluminum sides.

Our popup wasn't well balanced and we would get sway. That made driving a white knuckled tense operation especially on wet roads and around semis. The wife refused to drive it in the rain. The TM is a dream to drive, not the slightest hint of sway.

Lastly there is no comparison in the room available and finish of the interior. TM is vastly better. I've yet to see a bathroom that I would want to use in a popup.

We, as you can tell, were just fed up with camping in a popup. We got to the point of hating the idea. Now this took us a while and we do 5000 mile trips every summer so we were pushing that popup past it's design limit. If all you want to do is an occasional weekend then you may find one tolerable. YMMV

BK