View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 06:23 AM   #1
leonbergus

Default Q. re. very old TM (1987 M22)

Dear List,

I am new to this forum, having stumbled across it while searching the web for a used TrailManor. It seems like a good place to ask a few questions.

We (my family of 6) are ready to upgrade from a pop-up camper to a TM. We have enjoyed the little pop-up for the last five years very much but it is definitely getting too small. Moreover, we are ready for getting a hard shell around ourselves. However, our budget is limited and therefore we are in the market for an older model. We don't care much about the latest and greatest in comfort but rather that the camper be functional and reliable.

After reviewing the various web sites where RVs are for sale we came across this ad: http://www.rvtraderonline.com/find/l...OR-22-92319952 .

My questions to the forum:
Are there any reasons why we should not consider a TM that is that old? What should we be cautious about with such an old model? Is the asking price reasonable?
The camper sits in South Florida, about a 5 hour drive from us. Unfortunately, the owner is somewhat "tight-lipped" in giving me answers to my questions and I am not inclined to drive 10 hours to inspect it myself perhaps only to find out that it has serious problems. The only additional info that the owner was willing to offer was that the toilet flushing mechanism has to be repaired as well as the connection for the gas, and that it has some rust.

So, my next question is this: Does anybody here know this unit, perhaps has seen it or considered it themselves who could give us information on the state it is in?

Assuming that the toilet and the propane lines have to be replaced, how much in repair costs are we probably looking at?

Thank you very much in advance for your time.

Best regards, Alex.