View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 10:13 PM   #13
janthony

I've noticed that too. Nobody talks prices paid. When shopping for a car, there is so much information out there about how to get the best deal, and about MSRP vs. invoice. I was able to negotiate (all via email) a very good price for our last new car purchase based on a wealth of information on the internet. I simply offered what I knew (some) other folks were paying (somewhere between MSRP and invoice for that particular car) and a dealer a couple hundred miles away met my price. Our first visit to the dealership was to pick up the vehicle at the already negotiated price.

For TMs, I suspect that dealers are willing to come down quite a bit from MSRP, but I don't really know. In California, we have three TM dealers to choose from (Anaheim, Sacramento, and now San Martin). The advertised prices for the Anaheim dealer are lower than those for the Saramento dealer, and the San Martin dealer doesn't talk price at all. The salesperson just invited us to "come into the office and let's make a deal." In all fairness, they're a brand new TM dealer, and they were just opening for business.

I really hate haggling in the dealer's office. I want to pay a fair, but not unreasonable, price. How does one know what that is?