View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 09:27 AM   #23
Goodyear Travels

My wife and I have made approx. 8 trips in our '07 2720sl in just over a one year period. We have met and visited with many RVer's at public and private campgrounds. Here's an observation about the "kind of the people" who seem to enjoy and get the most from their RV experience: they tend to be folks who take pride in being able to deal with unexpected challenges, finding ways to adapt and resolve issues with their own minds and hands. I had the expectation that our new "07 2720sl should be without flaw "from the dealer's door" and "many miles down the road". I made myself suffer big time by holding this expectation. Our dealer is 200 miles away so I decided to tackle nearly every repair with the help of posts from this forum. After a while --- I even stopped growling when things needed attention. I would write them down on our Wish List and face them after doing research and collecting myself. And you know what --- I've done things right and I've learned to take pride in my handywork. Monies spent will never buy complete freedom from RV challenges. I know some will not agree but I believe that our attitudes shape and define our RV experience. Nothing can ruin a trip more effectively than my attitude --- just ask my wife. Change what you can -- let go of the rest. Remember that in the RV world (like Life) -- expectations will make you suffer. We're all getting the lessons that we need for our growth --- whether we like it or not. I wish you well. Eric