View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
Michoshisho

Default Any concerns with buying a NEW 2011 TM in 2013?

Greetings everyone. I've been voraciously reading all of the great content on this forum while I've been looking for a used 2720, and waiting for one with just the right features I've been looking for (I just missed out on a gem of one posted on this forum - someone beat me to it!)

I found a NEW 2011 TM sitting on a lot in Illinois (of course, I'm in Virginia). It has all of my 'mandatory' feature requirements, and the ones it doesn't have aren't that big a deal to me. Would any of you have hesitation in buying a new 2011 in 2013? What things should I be concerned about? I was trying to anticipate potential issues such as the condition of the tires, etc. Would you have concerns with any of the equipment/systems after sitting for two years on a lot and not being used? Also, they're asking price on the website is $24,595. I understand the usual dealer markup is 10-20%. Being that this is a two year old unit still sitting on their lot, you think I might have a chance to do better that 20%? They are probably already losing money on it by having it sit on their lot for so long.

And one more question - one feaure it doesn't have that I would like is the front window. Dealer offered to order one from the TM factory and put it in. Would you have any concerns with the window being installed at the dealership rather than the factory?

Thanks in advance for your time and valuable advice! I look forward to finding some of you out and about sometime soon (In my recently purchased TM, of course)!
Michoshisho is offline   Reply With Quote