View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #27
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
The ladder frame doesn't have to be any more than about an inch thick, I don't think, and you could build it to fold either under or over the mattress. But if you truly have zero clearance, then I guess the ladder frame would have to be removable, by replacing the screwed-down strap hinges at the top with flat hooks that would simply drop over the edge of the mattress box. Then you could lift off the ladder frame at will, and carry it someplace like the bathtub. Anything of this sort makes it more difficult to get into the drawers, of course.

Bill
Of course, which is my biggest issue

I'm working on a conceptual edit to what you've posted, I think it'll work. It's in the same vein, but (in concept) allows for the works to fold flat against the wall, replacing the door under the bed. In fact, if I can find the right parts, in concept it could open like the door does... in the worse case scenario, it'll just flip up to access the space beneath. I still need to work out measurements (which I can't get until I can access my TM in the spring) and wander the halls of Lowes/HD/Menards to see if they have stock similar to what I need. I have only the most rudimentary of tools for making stuff, so I'll need to find things that can be easily adapted. That'll likely be the hardest part... but I have time.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote