View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 04:33 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

This is based on my 2006 2720SL, and my memory is a bit hazy. Not sure if it applies to newer trailers.

Your best bet is to pull the converter out of the wall. This will expose all the wires, both AC and DC, that run to/from the converter, and several others as well. The wires that head forward are bundled and run through a channel rough-cut into the foam just below the floor skin. They run under the bathroom floor, and come back to the surface under the kitchen sink. In the aft direction, they become accessible somewhere in the rear compartment area.

I was able to feed a narrow metal fish tape into the channel opening that I found under the converter, and push it along until it came out at the other end of the channel. Then, of course, I attached two strong strings to the end of the tape, tied their far ends off, and pulled the tape with strings back through the channel. As the fish came out, I tied off one of the strings, to use as a backup string if needed in the future. I used the other string to pull the needed wire through the channel.

If this fails, start from under the kitchen sink, at floor level. You will (may) find that a number of wires are gathered into a bundle, and the bundle runs aft, under the floor of the bathroom, coming back to the surface either under the tub, or in the rear tool compartment somewhere.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote