View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 08:23 AM   #15
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Default Extender Mirrors (and etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&C-Nevada View Post
On the trip from home after purchase, I also realized that I will need to purchase mirror extenders.
Steve: Other towing mirror pairs can be had for much less money than the Milenco Aero-3, but the cheap sets are hard to mount and more likely to slip around on 4-Runner mirrors of later generations (I own a 4Runner Gen-4 V6, from 2007.) Your mirrors are more boxy, and less likely to cause as much slip with cheap ones. But I owned a cheap set and later replaced them with a pair of Aero-3 "Extra Wide" mirrors, at a price of more than $100, due to difficulties in mounting the cheap ones and frequently suffering slippage from the fixed mirrors on the road.

Your Gen-3, even if it is the wider "limited" model, is about 4 inches less wide than my Gen-4. I therefore recommend that you also get the "Extra Wide" version, because you therefore need about 2" more extended width on each side than I do. For me, the "standard" width would have been marginal.
- - -
Now for the 'etc': I agree with others than WDH is mandatory for your combination, and also wonder a bit about your battery plans. Nevada has very few "plug-in" RV parks, and Utah has only a few more. If you shift over to the 'electrical' technical area, you will see a lot of discussions about battery alternatives which might be good for Boondocking in such locations. For Late Spring and all of the Summertime, you might also take a look at the "Solar Power" technical area - TMO has a ton of Solar Installations documented and discussed down there.

- Rick (from Reno)