View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 07:51 AM   #12
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

My congratulations go to you as well! We have the 2001 SD so it is likely very similar to yours although there are differences even within the same model year.

Ours was well loved as well, so I've had to do a number of repairs that other's haven't had to do.

Here's the very first thing I'd do, for peace of mind. Remove all the vents and risers and reseal them with ProflexRV. You may need to replace the risers, but I found some 1" vinyl square trim from Home Depot that just needed cutting to size. Place a bead of sealant between the roof and riser, and another bead between the riser and vent. If yours is screwed to the roof, place a dab of sealant into the screw holes. It's a pain to do, but it guarantees a good seal.

I have played the seal over the tops of all seams and screws before and failed to get a good seal every time. I even used the Eternabond tape and I couldn't get it to lay flat in one spot. Guess what, that leaked too. Doing what I did has made a great seal and haven't had any more leaks.

Some have had the center seam leak too, but I don't think many have had that problem. I also removed the edge trim and sealed all the screw holes, replaced all the screws with stainless and redid those seams as well.

We have really enjoyed ours a lot and took it from Vancouver BC to Anaheim. I'm pretty sure you knew what we were doing!

And consider joining HarvestHosts if you like wine and golf. It's perhaps a version of "loondocking" (instead of "lamping", if you get my drift!)

Enjoy!

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote